Purton - a Dementia friendly community
Recent working Party update with key points of actionand what's next
- 28sessions run – 150 Dementia Friends to date
- Debbie Lawrence now a trained Dementia Champion
- Two children sessions run and more to be planned next year
- Children’s session at the Guides now confirmed
- Schools– no further afield but will keep them aware that we are here and wish to come and deliver sessions
- Companies in Purton – only Purton Farm shop to date – will speak in the New Year – keep plugging away
- To reduce cost to Council as budget we will be using the small meeting room where appropriate and offering limited spaces. To consider the Red House as an alternative venue. Debbie and Sue to book dates for 2019 and advise accordingly
- Safer Places - Alexa and Theresa to action and gain a minimum of 6 businesses or safe places – (Doctors Surgery already a Safe Place). New potential venues :Council Offices, Library if not already registered, Lloyds Chemist, Pips Café, Dentists x 2 , Cycle Shop)
- Parish Council to appoint a new Councillor as previous representative has left (Jamie Hurwood)
- Once Pips Café has opened and is operational for a few months, to approach with a view to running either a Dementia friendly session at their café, Dementia Café days, or to adopt the mentality, information sessions and approach to advertise the café as a Dementia Friendly Café.
- Work to arrange a sponsored dementia walk in Purton linking with other areas where possible Dementia text.