Purton - a Dementia friendly community
Dementia friends Sessions
45 minutes of your time in a friendly relaxed environment to change the lives of others.
10am at PIPS Community Cafe, Station Road, Purton12thFebruary, 22nd April, 24th June
Next set of dementia friends Sessions
Wednesday 27th November 10am to 11am at Pips Community Cafe, Purton. All welcome.
We made the front page of the Newsletter - well done to Purton #purtoncares -Click here to read more.
If you wish to know more please speak to the co-ordinator Debbie Lawrence on 01793 771066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very own Dementia Champion Sue Giles has done it - she completed the 2018 London Marathon and you can still donate here https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SueGiles2
Recent working Party update with key points of actionand what's next
- 28sessions run – 150 Dementia Friends to date
- Debbie Lawrence now a trained Dementia Champion
- Two children sessions run and more to be planned next year
- Children’s session at the Guides now confirmed
- Schools– no further afield but will keep them aware that we are here and wish to come and deliver sessions
- Companies in Purton – only Purton Farm shop to date – will speak in the New Year – keep plugging away
- To reduce cost to Council as budget we will be using the small meeting room where appropriate and offering limited spaces. To consider the Red House as an alternative venue. Debbie and Sue to book dates for 2019 and advise accordingly
- Safer Places - Alexa and Theresa to action and gain a minimum of 6 businesses or safe places – (Doctors Surgery already a Safe Place). New potential venues :Council Offices, Library if not already registered, Lloyds Chemist, Pips Café, Dentists x 2 , Cycle Shop)
- Parish Council to appoint a new Councillor as previous representative has left (Jamie Hurwood)
- Once Pips Café has opened and is operational for a few months, to approach with a view to running either a Dementia friendly session at their café, Dementia Café days, or to adopt the mentality, information sessions and approach to advertise the café as a Dementia Friendly Café.
- Work to arrange a sponsored dementia walk in Purton linking with other areas where possible Dementia text.